Seeing People Like Trees, Walking
Scripture: Mark 8:22–30
Two Prescriptions for Those Suffering from Spiritual Blindness:
I. Trust Jesus to give sight and then more and more sight to your blind eyes (vv. 22-26).
A. Two things Jesus does for us:
1. Jesus touches us (vv. 22-23).
2. Jesus opens our eyes (vv. 24-25).
B. Five applications:
1. Recognize that it is possible for you to have spiritual sight but to be partially blind at the same time.
2. Be thankful for your sight!
3. Assess yourself and admit your blindness.
4. Don't lose hope.
5. Submit yourself to the Lord for further treatment.
II. Squint and strain to see Jesus clearly (vv. 27-30).
Jesus asks two questions:
1. "Who do people say that I am?" (vv. 27-28).
2. "Who do you say that I am?" (vv. 29).