Class 2: Inductive Bible Study, Part 2
Questions to ask of a passage in the Bible:
- Does it point out sin in my life?
- What assumptions does it have that I don't share?
- Is there a command to obey in this passage?
- Is there an encouragement for me in this text?
- Is there a promise for me in this text?
- Does it teach me something about God?
- Does it teach me something about myself?
- What evidence for my faith does it give me?
- What will I do differently today because of this text?
- How will I think differently because of this text?
- How can I model/share/teach this truth to encourage others?
- How could my family or church apply this text?
Application Guidelines to Follow
More in How to Study the Bible
September 25, 2022Class 6: Studying Difficult Passages and Familiar Passages
September 18, 2022Class 5: Using Commentaries & Other Bible Study Tools
September 11, 2022Class 4: The Bible's Genres