Who is God?
- God is the only God (Deuteronomy 4:39).
- God is the Creator (Genesis 1:1; Nehemiah 9:6; Acts 17:24-25).
- God is righteous and can do no wrong or evil (James 1:13; Romans 9:14).
- God is the provider of all good things (Acts 14:16-17; Matthew 5:45; 1 Timothy 4:4).
Who is man?
- Man is created by God in God’s image (Genesis 1:27; James 3:9).
- Man was made righteous, but sinned and turned to his own way (Ecclesiastes 7:29).
- All people refuse to worship God properly (Romans 1:18-21).
- All people refuse to obey God’s commandments (Romans 2:14-16).
- No man is an exception to this (Romans 3:9-12).
- No degree of good works can change your heart or wash away your sins (Jeremiah 17:9).
- Even your secret actions and secret thoughts will be judged by God (Psalm 90:8; Luke 12:2).
- Changing your life or trying to obey the Law of God cannot make you right with God (Romans 3:19-20).
Who is Christ?
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God (John 20:31).
- Jesus is both God and man (Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 4:2).
- Christ lived a sinless life and died as a substitute for sins (Acts 13:27-29; Isaiah 53:4-6; Isaiah 53:11).
- God raised Christ from the dead and he was seen by many eyewitnesses (Acts 2:32; Acts 13:30-31).
- Through Christ’s death and resurrection, God offers to forgive your sins and give eternal life (2 Corinthians 5:21; John 3:16).
- God delights to forgive sin (Psalm 86:5; Psalm 103:17; Luke 15:7).
How can I have my sins forgiven?
- Repentance is required of all people (Acts 17:30-31).
- Repentance produces obedience (2 Corinthians 7:10).
- Repentance is a turn from sin to God (1 Thessalonians 1:9).
- Faith is required of all people (John 3:16).
- Faith is believing God’s word (Romans 4:21; 1 Thessalonians 2:13).
- The object of faith is Jesus Christ, as well as God the Father (Acts 10:43; 1 Peter 1:20-21).
- Salvation through faith is available to all people (Romans 10:11-13; John 6:47).
- You must the earthly cost in this life and consider the eternal benefit of following Jesus (Luke 9:23-26; Matthew 7:14; 2 Corinthians 4:17-18).
- There is no one else who can save you from your sins (1 Timothy 2:5; Acts 4:12; John 6:68).
Will you choose your sin or the Savior? Will you cling to this life or turn to Christ for eternal life?
John 5:24 - “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. “ (NASB)
What do I do now?
- Be baptized in obedience to Christ’s commandment (Matthew 28:19).
- Find and join a sound Bible-teaching church where you can humbly learn the word of God and obey it (James 1:21-22; Hebrews 10:23-25).
- Read, study, and memorize the word of God as much as you can (1 Peter 2:1-3).
- Devote yourself to prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17).